Ƙąɍʈɭąɾɨ Ƥąƈƙ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A realistic and literate roleplay wolf pack based off of the Wolfquest community. All players welcome!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Meet & Greet! O.K. Everyone we've just finished our first Activity Check and as of now only the people that have been posting are left on the site. That being said and done I think we should set a date for a Meet & Greet so that everyone can get to know each other a tad. Monday, 04/04 at 6 pm EST I'll be here on the site so I hope that everyone can join me to talk, hang out and role-play a bit.
Affiliates
Latest topics
» | Incandescence |
A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 1:40 pm by Visitor

» Where is everyone?
A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 2:48 pm by Twilia

» A Wandering Wolf
A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 11:36 am by Loke

» The Teacher and Patrols
A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 3:50 pm by Twilia

» So, it begins.
A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 6:14 am by Jaylea

» Laggy issue...
A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 5:28 am by Jaylea

» Borderline
A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 5:10 am by Kyugima

» Activity Check
A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 9:27 pm by Loke

» Vidar [M]
A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 1:33 am by Loke

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 12 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:48 pm
Top posters
Jaylea (64)
A Wandering Wolf I_vote_lcapA Wandering Wolf I_voting_barA Wandering Wolf I_vote_rcap 
Twilia (33)
A Wandering Wolf I_vote_lcapA Wandering Wolf I_voting_barA Wandering Wolf I_vote_rcap 
chickiefoo (20)
Loke (13)
Kyugima (6)
Visitor (1)
Firesayer (1)
Statistics
We have 10 registered users
The newest registered user is destkail

Our users have posted a total of 174 messages in 36 subjects
Count Em Up
We do have a word limit for each post, its easy to reach: 150. However we really want you to post more then that amount!

A Wandering Wolf

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Loke

Loke

Loyalty : 4758
Skill : 0

A Wandering Wolf Empty
PostSubject: A Wandering Wolf   A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:05 pm

It had been several months since Vidar had left his home pack. So far, he had been making do, hunting small animals and scavenging on other wolves' kills. Sill, he was lonely, even though no one in his old pack had particularly liked him. At least he had someone to talk to. The few packs he'd encountered on his travels hadn't seemed to like him either, barely tolerating his presence.

As he wandered into a new area, he could detect the scent of other wolves. He wasn't sure if he had stumbled into another packs' territory or if it was just other wolves passing through. Either way, he wasn't too bothered by it. If he ran into other wolves, he'd deal with it then. Until then, he thought he'd take a look around to see if there was anything to eat.
Back to top Go down
Jaylea
Alpha
Jaylea

Loyalty : 4875
Skill : 7

A Wandering Wolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wandering Wolf   A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 12:51 pm

Jaylea was in one of those moods where she just wanted to run. And so she did. Leaving the lush high lands behind her for a few hours the small Alphess took to her paws in a rush to go as far as she could as quick as she could. It wasn't that the female was leaving, she just needed to feel the rough earth benighth her flying paws and the wind in her face. Finally coming upon the invisible line that separated her lands from the loner's border, Lea came to a stop. As a pack leader she could travel anywhere she wished other then into another pack's lands, with a delighted step the female walked over the line and snuffed at the ground. A slight cold from the previous rain fall blocked her scent of smell, thus inhibiting her from scenting any wolves that had passed near by. But Lea had never been one to be cautious so with a light step the female continued on into the Loner's territory hell bent on finding some fun.
OOC: Wow I gots on! But not for long, I'll try to reply tomorrow promise Loke!
Back to top Go down
http://jaylea-felesian.deviantart.com/
Loke

Loke

A Wandering Wolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wandering Wolf   A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 2:52 pm

Vidar was attempting to locate some kind of small animal to hunt, but he was having very little luck. There weren't many fresh scent trails to follow - only one that he'd found which had led him no where. It didn't stop him from trying however, so he continued along, searching for any kind of trail, and finally he found one. But it wasn't what he expected to find.

It was another wolf, and the owner of the scent had passed by not too long ago. Vidar paused for a moment, unsure of what to do. Although he hadn't had many good experiences with his own kind, he decided to try to find the other wolf. At the very least, he would have someone to talk to, even if it was only for a few seconds while the other told him to get lost. So he started following the scent trail of the wolf.
Back to top Go down
Jaylea
Alpha
Jaylea

A Wandering Wolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wandering Wolf   A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 3:10 am

Still wandering on her way; nose stuffed up Jaylea couldn't tell if anyone was following her or if it was she doing the following. Simply put the female wolf was following some sort of paw trails and that alone kept her occupied.

Her travels quickly found Lea's way in front of a slightly flooded river; its waters gushing within its banks even as it threatened to over flow. Keeping her paws a safe distance from the edge as to not fall in and be washed away the black and gray female lifted her head to give a short howl. While she was away from her pack the Alphess still wanted to keep contact.

Unsure if she would hear from her beta Amethyst, Lea lowered her head while her tail flicked idly. Perhaps she should head back? As the leader Lea shouldn't be away long. Turning on her paws Lea caught the slightest glimpse of moving fur.

So it was she who had been followed...

Last edited by Jaylea on Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loke

Loke

A Wandering Wolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wandering Wolf   A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:26 am

At the sound of the howl, Vidar froze. The other was not in sight, but Vidar could tell that she was much closer than he had thought. He didn't catch the message in the howl, and he hoped it wasn't a call for reinforcements, as he was sure the other wolf was well aware of his presence. Although running was probably the smart thing to do, Vidar couldn't convince himself to take off.

Instead, he slowly continued his approach towards the wolf, although he was distracted by the sound of the rushing river and couldn't help but wonder if it was about to flood. As he drew closer to the river, he also came closer to the wolf and knew that the water wasn't his primary concern.

Keeping his head and tail low, Vidar made himself clearly visible to the other, but did not approach her, having learned from experience it was best to keep distance between himself and the wolves whose territory he was intruding upon.

"Hello," he said, hoping the other would be friendly.
Back to top Go down
Jaylea
Alpha
Jaylea

A Wandering Wolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wandering Wolf   A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:51 am

To say that she jumped would be less then correct. Jaylea practicably leaped out of her pelt when the sound of a wolf sneaked up behind her. 'By the Howls!' She thought to herself heart racing, blood pounding and eyes wide. Digging her claws into the earth in an attempt to calm her beating heart Lea turned her amber eyes to meet this wolf who had caught her off guard.

A large male stood before her, tail and head respectively lowered; deep yellow eyes holding just the faintest gleam of fear...or was it sorrow? What ever caused that look tugged at the Alphess's heart but she was a leader! Lea told herself, she couldn't fall for just any handsome dark knight that walked up with those oh-so-beaten-puppy eyes.

But as her eyes roamed over the males muscled body, Lea knew that her weakness would be known; an eye for a great looking wolf. Ruffling her pelt; not in a flirtatious way she assured herself; Lea attempted to look bigger. "Hello," She held herself proudly, because hell why shouldn't she? She was regal, in-control and...hell she wasn't in-control in the least. "I've not seen you before," Her voice suggested a bit of a tease, her flirtatious side coming out.
Back to top Go down
Loke

Loke

A Wandering Wolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wandering Wolf   A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:13 pm

His muscles tensed when she jumped, as he prepared for an attack. Even when he realized that he must have startled her and that no attack was coming, he was unable to relax. Even if an attack didn't come immediately, he always expected one to come eventually, as that's how it had always happened in the past. He had no reason to expect any differently from the wolf in front of him, especially one that had such a dominating aura about her.

He held still as he felt himself being examined with her eyes, hoping she wasn't searching for the best angle for attack. He could tell that he definitely had a size advantage over the she-wolf but he also knew from experience that meant very little, at least where he was concerned. He'd lost many a fight to smaller opponents, and he didn't doubt the wolf in front of him would be the victor if she chose to attack.

When she spoke, Vidar was a bit shocked. There was no growl accompanying her words, nor was she telling him to get off her territory or anything of the sort. In fact, he was sure that she was being friendly. Having rarely encountered a friendly wolf, he didn't know what to do, but he was happier and managed to relax just a bit.

"I didn't mean to intrude," he said, not meeting her gaze. "I, um... I was just walking in the area." He hadn't had a friendly encounter in so long, he realized he had no idea what to say. Begging for mercy was something he was used to, but having a regular conversation? He was out of practice.
Back to top Go down
Jaylea
Alpha
Jaylea

A Wandering Wolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wandering Wolf   A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 9:11 am

The slightest smile lifted her black rimmed lips, "We get that quiet a lot." Lew responded. Fighting the urge to tilt her head Lea wondered why the male seemed so...edgy. It was as if a snake was about to strike; fangs poised to bite his tail!

The wolf didn't seem as if he would attack so the female let the rest of her guard down; visibly relaxing to the point of getting smaller. She wasn't a very big wolf, her shoulder only being about two and a half feet. With a delicate movement the female sat on her haunches and curled her dark tail around her hip.

"I'm taking it your lost?" She asked quietly, amber eyes carefully watching. She was a flirt she knew and liked to look. Lucas floated into her mind; the male that had joined the pack only days prior was good looking enough but he was...to goofy to say in the least. Bringing her mind back to the matter at hand. "If need be I can take you where your going," she offered after a moments thought.

While she didn't mind the wolf wandering in the Border Lea had no intention of letting him walk her pack's lands without her knowing where he was at all times. Loners were a common sight here. Some stayed others kept on a-wandering, either way Jaylea knew she would watch this wolf; both for her own pleasure and her duty.
Back to top Go down
Loke

Loke

A Wandering Wolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wandering Wolf   A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:36 pm

Realizing he was in the presence of a rare friendly wolf, Vidar couldn't help but relax as well, raising his head while keeping his tail curled at his side. Once he did that, he saw that he was nearly six inches taller than the wolf in front of him. He'd been bigger than all of his former packmates, his size a trait he had unfortunately inherited from his father, but he didn't think he'd ever seen a full grown wolf so small.

"Lost?" Vidar considered the question carefully for a moment, wondering if he really was lost. Having no where to go, he really couldn't be lost although he certainly felt like it. "Uh, no. Not really lost. I'm not really going anywhere. Just looking for food. I won't hunt on your territory if you don't want me to but I won't take much. Just a rabbit or something."

Knowing the female was rather friendly, he hoped she would allow him to hunt, but he didn't expect her to grant permission. No one ever did. Sneaking around without being seen by others was the best method for actually eating, but Vidar had never been good at resisting the company of other wolves, even if it was always brief and rarely pleasant. At least for this one time, it seemed his encounter was going to be nice. He only wished it could last.
Back to top Go down
Jaylea
Alpha
Jaylea

A Wandering Wolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wandering Wolf   A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 6:02 am

She gave a small nod and got to her feet. "Well come along then, my pack and I made a kill not long ago there should be something left." Lea ruffled her thick coat and her eyes widened at the wolf's rather large size. She had known he was bigger then herself but not that big!

Goofy smile resting on her lips the black and gray she-wolf gave a slight twitch of her tail before padding to the north. He was one wolf, she thought quietly. If something went wrong she and her pack could easily fight him off, mind made up she turned her head back to look at his eyes. From where she walked ahead of him the female could see a bit of surprise in his golden orbs, possibly even relief. That wave of tenderness hit her again but she shook it off, don't be such a love sick pup!

"If you wish you can stay on our lands while you figure out where your going. My pack has a habit of taking in strays; most of them staying to become loyal pack members." Mind rambling Lea wondered if this wolf knew about the harsh rains that spring had brought. Even as the rainy season was drawing to a close the threat of floods and mud slides had not yet passed. "Its safer up in the high lands," she was talking absently now. "My pack had to move during the rains, we didn't want to be washed away." The wolf gave a light chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Loke

Loke

A Wandering Wolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wandering Wolf   A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 7:03 pm

For a moment, he didn't even know what she was talking about and had to think about her words to make sure he had heard her correctly. But there was no mistaking that - she was definitely offering food. He would have been happy with simply having permission to hunt without harassment from the resident pack, but being able to eat from the pack's kill was something he never expected. Even so, he wasn't about to turn down the offer and was quick to follow after her.

Even more shocking for him were the words she spoke as she led him to the kill, especially the part about strays becoming members of the pack. He didn't think that was in invitation, but he the thought that her pack might accept him nearly made him stop in his tracks. He fell behind for a moment when he realized that she was still speaking and he caught up in time to hear her mention the rains.

"Your pack wouldn't mind if I was in the area?" he asked, wanting to make sure he hadn't just been hearing things.
Back to top Go down
Jaylea
Alpha
Jaylea

A Wandering Wolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wandering Wolf   A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 6:01 am

Lea hummed quietly, giving the dumb-founded male a nod. "Yes, the spring rains cause quite a problem for my wolves so we always move to higher ground so I'm sure they would pose just as much of a threat to a loner such as yourself." She wondered if she was being to friendly, It would be my luck to allow a psycho into my lands, Lea chided herself.

The wolf rolled her shoulders in an after thought and stopped before a two day old kill. The doe; her pack's first kill, still had plenty of meat upon its bones as the pack had left just as quickly as they had felled her. While the kill wasn't the freshest in the lands, it would do well to calm a hungry tummy.

"I've not heard your name," the Alphess tilted her head amber eyes quite stern as she looked upon this hunk of a wolf. Will I ever get over that? she giggled to herself. I'm being such a love struck yearling! None of her emotions showed what she was thinking as Lea sat down a few feet away from both wolf and kill.

"You may call me Lea, if you so wish." Jaylea hated her full name, always preferring to be called Lea. Perhaps, she mused. I shall change my name... The thought struck her as funny before the wolf shook her head. Or not.

Back to top Go down
Loke

Loke

A Wandering Wolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wandering Wolf   A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:27 pm

"My name's Vidar," he said, although he had hardly heard the her speaking. He was far too focused on the doe in front of him. It had been far too long since he'd had deer, and since leaving his mother's pack, all he'd managed to get were week old scraps. The animal in front of him smelled far fresher than that and definitely had more meat on it than he'd seen in a long time.

As nice as the she-wolf had been so far, Vidar still didn't quite trust her and had to restrain himself from running to the deer and gorging himself. Instead, he cautiously walked towards the kill, keeping an eye on the wolf, but she seemed content to sit a little ways away from him. He grabbed a mouthful of flesh and tore it off, swallowing it quickly before going for another. He continued to glance up at the female, making sure she had no plans to attack him.

He managed to eat his fill without anything happening, and although confused by the behavior, he liked the change from other wolves he'd met and he couldn't help but wonder if the rest of her pack was friendly like she was or if she was the strange one of the group. Either way, Vidar was glad to have run into her.

"Thank you. Lea, was it?" He was a bit embarrassed to realize he wasn't entirely sure that was the name she had given. He'd been more concerned about his stomach at the time.

Back to top Go down
Jaylea
Alpha
Jaylea

A Wandering Wolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wandering Wolf   A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 6:39 pm

She watched as the male walked calmly forward even as he looked like he was in heaven upon seeing the kill. The thought brought a smile to the she-wolf's lips even as she curled her tail around to keep herself still. Lifting her leg up to lick at her paw, Lea hummed quietly to herself while her visitor ate. "Yes," she spoke softly as Vidar quietly questioned her name.

"When your ready we can travel up to the Highlands, if you've nothing against the cold we should be moving to the Eastern Mountains in a few days time." She paused for a second before adding hastily. "That is if you wish to come along." Getting to her paws, the black and gray female turned her back to the male only to begin walking away. She continued to hum to herself, absently wondering if the male would accompany her. In her heart she wished he would, sure that the male would enjoy the pack but Lea wasn't a forceful wolf.

"Might I ask where you came from?" Lea was a wolf that hated painful silences and always worked to fill them even if it seemed to make it more awkward. Unsure if this wolf would share more about himself Lea simply decided to try while she walked.
Back to top Go down
Loke

Loke

A Wandering Wolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wandering Wolf   A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 7:49 pm

He was glad he had managed to catch her name. That would have been quite embarrassing if he hadn't even been able to remember the name of the wolf who had so kindly provided him what had been his best meal since he'd been on his own. It wouldn't have surprised him if he had forgotten, as he'd never been that good with names, but he didn't want to come off as rude.

"I like the cold," Vidar said with a hint of a smile, remember some of the few good days he'd had as a pup, playing in the snow. He followed her without hesitation, almost feeling that he could trust Lea, although he still was waiting for her to show a meaner side. As far as he was concerned, all wolves had that mean, vicious side to them - Lea was simply the first he'd met to not display it outright. Even so, he couldn't help but wonder if he actually made a friend. He'd never really had one before.

"I came from a pack that lived to the north from here. Or was it west?" He said that last bit to himself, although he still spoke loudly enough to be clearly heard. He wasn't entirely sure what direction his family's pack lay. Too much traveling in the past eight months had made it difficult to remember what direction he had originally come from. Because he had no intention of ever returning, he hadn't paid too much attention to the direction he had traveled.

"It was a good sized pack, but they didn't like me much," he said, continuing on about where he was from. He really had nothing to hide and even if the she-wolf turned out to be not so friendly, he didn't see what it mattered if she knew details of his life. "I was just a little over a year old when they decided they had enough of me. Just been wandering around ever since. Ran into a few other packs, but they were even less accepting of me than my old pack."
Back to top Go down
Jaylea
Alpha
Jaylea

A Wandering Wolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wandering Wolf   A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:11 am

After she had confirmed her name for the wolf, Vidar seemed to lighten up enough to even tell her about his past. From what she was hearing this male had trust issues but what loner didn't? One thing puzzled her though, why in the world would a pack turn away such a large wolf? Just his size would offer great potential to the pack! That question lingered in her mind, breeding concern but Lea wasn't one to jump to conclusions; besides hadn't she told herself he was one wolf and her pack was of many?

"Perhaps it was west of here, the only think farther north is the Eastern Mountains," she offered politely at his inner question. The she-wolf had good ears but any would could have picked up on his unease. As the male continued to speak while they walked, Lea listened to the deep voice of this wolf and how he seemed to be relaxing into her presence all the more. Pondering on how Amethyst would take Vidar's arrival Lea knew that her stern beta might have some words to say but then again the white she-wolf was all caught up with Lucas and his willy charms.

Once Vidar mentioned that his mother's pack didn't like him as well that sparked a shade of interest in her so Lea couldn't help but to ask. "Why would they not like you?" She paused, "your mother's pack I mean?" Lea herself came from a pack of lower stationed members from her first pack and as such she had been expected to work but her pack had been dear to her still. Coming from a loving pack the black and gray female couldn't understand why a wolf would be disliked or even hated?
Back to top Go down
Loke

Loke

A Wandering Wolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wandering Wolf   A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 11:36 am

West seemed as good of a direction as any for the location of his former pack, but since he couldn't bring himself to care about them, he wasn't too concerned whether or not it was the correct direction, just as long as he never ended up back there again. When times had been tough before, he had considered trying to return and begging them to let him stay, he now knew he could never go back. Not after meeting someone as friendly and nice as Lea. Having someone not snapping and growling at him for even as short a time as he had been with the she-wolf was enough to spoil him. He wanted nothing more than to be with wolves that didn't treat him like he was worthless.

"I apparently reminded them too much of my father," he said, pausing for a second, considering whether or not to tell her everything. When he saw no reason to keep things to himself, he continued. "The pack hated him. He was a lone wolf who was always in the area, but I never met him. I guess they thought he was bad luck and since I look like him, they thought I would be the same. They wanted me gone when I was only a month old, but my mother said that if I left, she would leave too. They liked her enough that they didn't bring it up again, but they still made it clear they didn't like me. Even my sisters learned from the other pups to be mean to me. When my mother died, well, there was no reason to let me stay any longer."

As he spoke about his past, a bit of sadness crept into his voice. Not over the fact that he had been rather mistreated by the pack, but because he missed his mother. She'd always been willing to defend him and had been the only wolf to ever care about him. The day she died, he'd never felt more alone in his life, and it was a feeling that had yet to leave him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Wandering Wolf Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wandering Wolf   A Wandering Wolf I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Wandering Wolf
Page 1 of 1